Thursday, June 12, 2014

Gmail Tips

Gmail has quickly become one of the most popular email services. There are many basic features within Google that are similar to other email services. Today's post will be about some of the more advanced features within google that you may not have been familiar with.

First things, first. If you do not have a Google account, simply go here to get started.
This will not only give you access to Gmail, but also allow you access to the other great things Google has to offer (Drive, Maps, Google Earth, etc.). 

Now on to the advanced features...

I read a great article today about 8 great hacks that Gmail has to offer that a lot of people may not know about. You can find that article here

I will be talking about two of my favorite hacks within that article. My first hack is #2: Undo Accidental Emails. Have you ever had that moment of, "uh-oh" when sending an email? If you are like me, the answer is "yes." Luckily, Gmail has a solution for those moments. Check out the video below to learn how to enable this feature. 


Another great hack that I learned in the article was about was the ability to insert images directly into an email. As a teacher, I send many images to other teachers with lesson ideas, anchor chart ideas, etc. Many times it can be time consuming to attach these images into an email. Thankfully, Google has come up with a solution for this. Check out the video below to learn more about this feature:




A final trick that I found to be very useful within Gmail was the ability to download attachments within emails directly into Google Drive. Many times if I get an email with an attachment I do one of two things. (1) I take the time to save the document to my computer or (2) I quickly skim the email, forget to save the attachment, and delete the email. Most times, it is the later of the two. Google developed a new feature to make it easier to save attachments. Now, you simply have to hover over the attachment and click the Drive button. To see more detailed instructions, watch the video below. 


Got more great tips to share about Gmail? Leave a comment below!






No comments:

Post a Comment